Sous Chef needed to join our team
Full time – Attractive Wage
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our dynamic team in the following position:
The selected candidate will assist the Outlet Head Chef, oversee all aspects of the kitchen operation and guide the kitchen brigade as needed. Are you looking for a job that gives you the opportunity to lead a team and perfect your skills, while providing a stable income, regular shifts and excellent career prospects? As an Executive Sous Chef you get to be a Head Chef right hand, overseeing team and kitchen operations.
Sous Chef will be in charge of oversee all aspects of the kitchen operation and guide the kitchen brigade as needed, including:
- Coordinate functions and activities with the Head Chef.
- Provide functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.Assist the Chef in supervising the functioning of the overall kitchen employees, facilities, and costs to ensure the maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Assist the Head Chef in controlling and analysing the quality levels of production and presentation including the staff canteen.
- Assist the Head Chef in controlling and analysing the cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist the Head Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationships.
- Conduct under the guidance of the Outlet Head Chef, such functions as interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal, coaching, counseling, and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Assist in liaising with the managment in determining the minimum food par stocks.
- Ensure the completion of the market list in accordance with quality and quantity standards.
- Inspect all perishable food items received.
- Maintains high standards of personal hygiene, appearance, and conduct
- Follows the Restaurant Uniform Policy and ensures that he/she is conforming to all HACCP Regulations
- Maintains effective communication with all his/her colleagues
- Attends all training as required by the Sciacca Grill restaurants
- Develops effective relations with all colleagues
- Has thorough knowledge of all Policies and Procedures and follows them accordingly
Qualification / Skills:
- Candidate must have minimum of 2-3 years experience in similar position
- Graduate courses in cooking and HACCP
- Ability to manage and control other members of the kitchen staff
- Ability to direct and plan food preparation
- Readiness to discipline any under-performing kitchen staff
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Must have previous a experience as a chef of at least 2-3 years in a continental kitchen; proven track record of leading a team
- Excellent communication skills in English language, including verbal with proper grammar.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- Good time management
- Preference will be given to the candidates already in Malta